Ciro Santilli is actively looking for donations and contracts to work full time on Write free books to get famous website, and develop hardcore university-level STEM education for all ages:
- monthly subscriptions of 1$/month on either:
- one time donations: Ciro prefers monthly subscriptions, even if tiny (100x 1 Dollar/month is 8 years :)), but if you really prefer one time donations:
- Bitcoin address: 3EhVRTYervXhmVimtg71h9WYhhgSa6W7L3. This is a Coinbase wallet, off-chain transactions with no transaction fees accepted from other Coinbase users.
- Monero address: 84yNhReik1g5jhK4ymwUzXhbqyh49swSF6qE4HCq4SbBCZkSabiZSx7JEKt5225WbkbQaWRY9R3LnAkKDay7aWYSTJcspK3. This is a Binance wallet, off-chain transactions without transaction fees accepted from other Binance users.
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=8MWBKY5LAUUKS Note that dots in Gmail address are ignored, and it is perfectly normal if the email you see has some extra dots in it
- larger grants/contracts from filthy rich individuals or organizations: contact Ciro as mentioned at: Section "How to contact Ciro Santilli" to discuss.Think of amounts and time frames starting at 1 year OK tech worker salary in a tech hub of a developed country. You will be abundantly acknowledged if desired.
Ciro is interested in contracts/voluntary work that would be compatible/synergic with this project. Some possibilities include:
- interacting directly with classes of university students to help them learn the class subject, while at the same time spreading the university knowledge outside of the university walls
- one-to-one mentoring of individuals of any age that are looking to make an impact in the world, and not just pass their exams
Progress updates will be given on: Ciro Santilli's Twitter accounts, and full accounting transparency is intended.
Ciro's goal in life is to help kids as young as possible to reach, and the push, the frontiers of natural sciences human knowledge, linking it to applications that might be the the next big thing as early as possible. Because nothing is more motivating to students than that feeling of:
Hey, I can actually do something in this area that has never been done before!rather than repeating the same crap that everyone is already learning.
To do this, Ciro wants to work in parallel both on:
Ciro believes that this rare combination of both:
produces a virtuous circle, because Ciro:
- wants to learn and teach, so he starts to create content
- then he notices the teaching tools are crap
- and since he has the ability to actually improve them, he does
As explained at Write free books to get famous website and high flying bird scientist, Ciro is most excited to make contributions at the "missing middle level of specialization" that lies around later undergrad and lower grad education:
But on that middle sweet spot, Ciro believes that something can be done, in such as way that delivers:
- at lower undergrad level, there is already a lot of free material out there to learn stuff
- at upper graduate level and beyond, too few people know about each specific subject, that it becomes hard to factor things out
in a way that is:
- in your face, without requiring you to study for a year
- but also giving enough precision to allow you to truly appreciate the beauty of the subjectCiro's programming skills can also be used to create educational, or actually more production-like, simulations and illustrations.
Ciro believes that today's society just keep saying over and over: "STEM is good", "STEM is good", "STEM is good", but fails miserably at providing free learning material and interaction opportunities for people to actually learn it at a deep enough level to truly appreciate why "STEM is good". This is what he wants to fix.
The following is ripped from Gwern Branwen's Patreon page, and it perfectly synthesizes how Ciro feels as well:
Omar Khayyam also came to the Vizier... but not to ask for title or office. 'The greatest boon you can confer on me,' he said, 'is to let me live in a corner under the shadow of your fortune, to spread wide the advantages of Science, and pray for your long life and prosperity.'
In addition to all of this, financial support also helps Ciro continue his general community support activities:
- writing and updating his amazing Stack Overflow answers: Section "Ciro Santilli's Stack Overflow contributions"
- saving the world from the CCP: Section "Ciro Santilli's campaign for freedom of speech in China"
Like everyone else, Ciro Santilli's ultimate dream is to have the money to be able to work full time on his passions, while at the same time remaining in a low obligations setting.
Ciro's current ambitions require him to remain in developed countries, because Ciro wants to document advanced science and technology by liaising with top universities, and there is not as much high technology in poor countries.
Therefore, you have to ask yourself: does your contribution considerably help Ciro reach his full time independence goal?
And since the areas that Ciro has contributed to a somewhat niche, it is not currently realistic that a medium sized community will reach the goal with small sized donations.
It is for this reason that Ciro currently recommends a very all or nothing approach.
For more intermediate values, consider instead donating to people doing awesome projects while living in cheaper locations, where such intermediate amounts could be much more significant.
Other alternatives ways to give include:
- https://www.bountysource.com/people/25676-ciro-santilli for resolving specific issues
If after all this you still want to make a one-time donation of intermediate size, Ciro won't fight you further, please first contact Ciro to arrange a payment method. Bitcoins accepted.