Physics (like all well done science) is the art of predicting the future by modelling the world with mathematics.
And predicting the future is the first step towards controlling it, i.e.: engineering.
Ciro Santilli doesn't know physics. He writes about it partly to start playing with some scientific content for: OurBigBook.com, partly because this stuff is just amazingly beautiful.
Ciro's main intellectual physics fetishes are to learn quantum electrodynamics (understanding the point of Lie groups being a subpart of that) and condensed matter physics.
Every science is Physics in disguise, but the number of objects in the real world is so large that we can't solve the real equations in practice.
Luckily, due to emergence, we can use uglier higher level approximations of the world to solve many problems, with the complex limits of applicability of those approximations.
As of 2019, all known physics can be described by two theories:
Unifying those two into the theory of everything one of the major goals of modern physics.
- 100 Greatest Discoveries by the Discovery Channel (2004-2005)
- Abraham Pais
- Animal rights
- The best articles by Ciro Santilli
- Ciro Santilli's bad old event memory
- Ciro Santilli's Homepage
- Closed access academic journals are evil
- Computational physics
- Deep tech
- Deletionism on Wikipedia
- Don't be a pussy
- Existence and uniqueness of solutions of partial differential equations
- Formalization of mathematics
- Having more than one natural language is bad for the world
- High flying bird vs gophers
- Important partial differential equation
- Minimal working example
- Molecular Sciences Course of the University of São Paulo
- Murray Gell-Mann
- Natural science
- Open boundary condition
- Physics Travel Guide
- Project to explain each Nobel Prize better
- Ron Maimon
- Rooting for sport teams is stupid
- Single electron double slit experiment
- The beauty of mathematics
- Theory of everything
- Videos of all key physics experiments