Ciro Santilli publishes videos of this not-so-common visual programming experiments on his YouTube channel occasionally: https://www.youtube.com/c/CiroSantilli. Ciro should however not be lazy and also upload each video produced to wikimedia Commons, since YouTube does not offer a download option even for videos marked with a Creative Commons license: https://www.quora.com/Can-I-download-Creative-Commons-licensed-YouTube-videos-to-edit-them-and-use-them/answer/Tarmo-Toikkanen!
Ciro developed one interesting technique: while scrolling through YouTube's useless recommendations, when he understands what a channel is about, he either immediately:
This helps to keep this feed clean of boring stuff he already knows about. There is unfortunately an infinite amount of useless videos out there however on the topics of:
- subscribes if it is amazing and then "Don't recommend channel"
- otherwise just "Don't recommend channel" immediately
and no matter how much you say you don't want to hear about them, YouTube juts keeps on sending more.
- music, mostly idiotic top of the charts
- news and political commentary
- programming tutorials. Meh, got Stack Overflow.
- stuff that is not in English, and notably languages that Ciro does not even speak!
- cute animals
- gaming and movie commentary. Ciro is interested only in a very specific number of video games
- nature life, e.g. hiking, cycling, or living in isolation, this Ciro enjoys
- science for kids (popular science)
Things Ciro hates about YouTube:
- you can't follow or ignore a subject, only indirectly tell the algorithm about that. Once you click a popular cat video, you will be forced to watch cat videos for all eternity.
Likely FFmpeg is the backend of YouTube.
Bought by Google in 2006.
- Ardour | 80
- Bristol | 85
- Ciro Santilli's bicycle wisdom | 1k, 1k, 1
- Ciro Santilli's cycling | 2k, 3k, 3
- Don Lincoln | 48
- Entropy of a chemical reaction | 29
- Facebook profile face dump | 345
- FFmpeg is the backend of YouTube | 46
- How can a chemical substance be unstable but not flammable? | 29
- Large cohesive game world for robotic-like artificial intelligence development | 894
- Magic: The Gathering | 2k, 2k, 4
- Mamonas Assassinas | 208
- Where to store images | 688
- Nintendo 64 | 170, 778, 5
- Quora | 151
- Rorogwela | 59
- Television series | 63, 388, 10
- Veritasium | 97
- Web technology | 158, 2k, 28
- Youtube-dl | 42