All companies with investors are evil, make no mistake.
They may have nice looking save the world charity campaigns, but once you get even close to affecting their revenue stream, the axe falls.
Some level of Government intervention is needed.
It is just a question of business model: some business models are eviler than others. Making people pay for operating systems being possible the most evil of all.
One thing must be said however. You can learn a lot by working in a good company, because it ends up putting you in contact with practical real problems that you wouldn't otherwise see by just doing your own random low-tech startup. This is especially valuable if said company is also enlightened enough to use and contribute back to open source software, thus improving the world and paying back the moral debt of using other people's work for free.
- Table of contents | 174, 2k, 36
- 2. Startup company | 0, 0, 2
- 3. List of companies | 0, 1k, 24
- 5. Entrepreneur | 0, 49, 2
- 6. Advertising | 0, 35, 2
- Don't be a pussy | 2k, 2k, 2
- Europe cookie law | 164
- Facebook profile face dump | 345
- Governments should provide basic Internet infrastructure | 199, 257, 1
- Grinding for software interviews | 115
- Having more than one natural language is bad for the world | 1k
- Messaging software that force you to have a mobile phone | 208, 254, 1
- Scalable Vector Graphics | 94, 203, 1