One of Ciro Santilli's strongest feeling in education is that material often falls in either of the two categories:
- hundreds of too basic popular science, e.g.:
- a few full university courses that takes 20 hours to deliver the first punchline of the course
Ciro believes that there is often an important missing link between them, e.g.:
- a 15 minute video that delivers the main end results and motivations for people who already know the very basic stuff
It is Ciro's hope that OurBigBook.com will help to fill exactly that gap.
What we have to do is make this knowledge more accessible all way down to high school and earlier.
Let's take the gloves off more often, and give the full thing to interested students! Let students learn what they want to learn, and do that as soon as possible! Life is too short!
This problem is basically the knowledge version of the last mile problem. When we reach the end of graduate, there are enough directions of knowledge to go off into, that the probability that a great free tutorial exists is relatively low. Of course, as one approaches the realm of novel research, the branching is so wide that having perfect tutorials becomes impossible. Ciro's goal in life go push the last mile marker a bit further out.
- A Mathematician's Apology
- An Introduction To Quantum Field Theory by Peskin and Schroeder (1995)
- Bill Nye
- Dietterich Labs
- Educational charitable organization
- Electroweak interaction
- Free gifted education
- Explain how to make money with the lesson
- Explain why the subject is beautiful
- Last mile problem
- Physics Explained
- Popular science
- Pretty Much Physics
- Quantum electrodynamics
- Quantum Field Theory lecture notes by David Tong (2007)
- Sean M. Carroll