The good songs stopped before of just after Ciro Santilli was born, they were originally heard by his parent's generation. Those young new kids are boring.
- 1968 Panis et Circenses track from the Tropicália: ou Panis et Circencis (1968) album composed by Gilberto Gil, Caetano Veloso and performed by Os Mutantes
- 1972 Mistério do Planeta track from the Acabou Chorare album by Novos Baianos
- 1977 Marimbondo track from the "Pirão de Peixe com Pimenta (1977)" album Sá & Guarabyra
- Caetano Veloso is arguably Ciro Santilli's favorite MPB artist, he has just too many amazing songs, best ones at: the best Caetano Veloso songs
- Chico Buarque. Ciro's second favorite.
- Gilberto Gil. Good selection: Acústico MTV - Gilberto Gil (1994). Perhaps Ciro likes him third because he is the most lighthearted one, although not always.
- Raul Seixas
- Tom Jobim
- Jorge Ben Jor
Roberto Carlos makes Ciro cringe. The only bearable one is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ19CelONfQ As Curvas da Estrada de Santos (1969) (The curves of Santos road), which talks about going down to Ciro's beloved Santos, São Paulo, Brazil from the city of São Paulo, which lies on a plateau of about 700 meters above sea level, a trip that takes you down through the spectacular Serra do Mar. Ciro did this many times on bus when he was studying at the university of São Paulo and going back home for the weekend from time to time.