- £355.00 in 2019
- biosafety level: 2
Size: 300 x 600 nm
And then there is Craig's minimized mycoides strain to 473 genes: http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/21/we-built-the-worlds-simplest-cell-but-dunno-how-it-works/
Downsides mentioned at https://youtu.be/PSDd3oHj548?t=293:
- too small to see on light microscope
- difficult to genetically manipulate. TODO why?
- less literature than E. Coli.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bioproject/97 contains genome, genes, proteins.
- http://www.genome.jp/kegg-bin/show_pathway?mge01100 all known pathways. TODO: numerical reaction coefficients? Which enzyimes mediate what? Appears to factor pathways across organisms, which is awesome.
Whole cell modelling:
- https://simtk.org/projects/wholecell http://www.wholecell.org/ TODO GitHub? https://github.com/CovertLab/WholeCell Arghh, MATLAB. https://github.com/CovertLab/WholeCellSimDB
- http://www.wholecellviz.org/viz.php awesome visualization of simtk, paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3413483/ A Whole-Cell Computational Model Predicts Phenotype from Genotype - 2013 - Jonathan R. Karr.