Major projects can be seen at: Section "The most important projects done by Ciro Santilli".
These are some smaller projects that Ciro Santilli carried out. They are all either for fun, or misguided use of his time done by an younger self:
- Naughty stuff. Ciro likes being naughty:
- Stack Overflow Vote Fraud Script
- GitHub makes Ciro feel especially naughty:
- All GitHub Commit Emails: he extracted (almost) all Git commit emails from GitHub with Google BigQuery
- facebook profile face dump
- A repository with 1 million commits: likely the live repo with the most commits as of 1017
- An 100 year GitHub streak, likely longest ever when that existed. It was consuming too much server resources however, which led to GitHub admins manually turning off his contribution history.
- A repository with a 100k commit Git octopus merge. Now that is a true Cthulhu merge.
- 500 on adoc infinite header xref recursion: that was fun while it lasted
- Because Ciro cares about education, around 2014 he looked into markup languages and version control for books, before he noticed that this approach was useless and that ranking algorithms are all that matter:
- He implemented some large features and several smaller improvements.GitLab sent Ciro a free swag bottle later after they got funding on to thank him for his contributions: Figure 8. "Ciro Santilli in a dune lake in Jericoacoara, Brazil with his GitLab bottle.". He had to pay for the beach trip though.
- Markdown Style Guide
- karlcow/markdown-testsuite improvements: Ciro has implemented the test runner a few months before CommonMark left stealth mode and killed it instantaneously.At least MacFarlane was able to reuse part of the HTML normalizer he wrote, and he extracted the multi-engine comparison to: CommonMark Implementation Compare.
- isaacs/github public unofficial GitHub issue tracker: he has commented there so often that he was made a collaborator
- Vim: sometimes Ciro want crazy and wasted his time with Vimscript:
- Breakthrough Message: aliens!!! Creative/media project, powered by some Python scripts.
- making Google Maps reviews of places he's visited to help other people. Ciro's photos reached 1 million views in 2019: https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/106598607405640635523/photos (archive)