Ciro Santilli likes this.
He doesn't have the patience to actually watch full episodes with rare exceptions, rather just watching selected scenes from: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdeIGY2DIjpGf0A2m9GSE3g, but still, it is interesting.
What appeals to Ciro in this series is how almost nothing is solved by violence, almost everything is decided in the bridge, at the "cerebral" level of the command structure. This reminds Ciro of a courtroom of law sometimes.
Maybe there's also a bit of 90's nostalgia involved too though, as this is something that would show on some random cable channels a bored young Ciro would have browsed during weekends, never really watching full episodes.
One crime of many episodes is being completely based on some stupid new scientific concept, which any character to back it up.
Another thing that hurt is that due to their obsession with the senior members of the crew, sometimes those senior members are sent in ridiculously risky operations, which is very unrealistic.
Episodes that Ciro watched fully and didn't regret:
- s02e09 Measure of a man https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Measure_of_a_Man_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation) see also physics and the illusion of life
- s04e14 Clues https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clues_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
- s04e15 First contact https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Contact_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation). Although the premise that the aliens look so much like humans, and worse, that Decker could speak their language to the point of passing as one of their race is preposterous, the idea of inversion of first contact is just too cute.
- s07e15 The Lower Decks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_Decks_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation), sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism near cynincism, yes please
Semi worth it:
- s03e11 The Hunted https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Hunted_(episode) if it weren't for the ending, maybe this would have been decent
Not worth it:
- Cause and effect
- s06e11 Chain of command