It seems to abstract the part about the client messaging the backend, which focuses on being able to easily plug in a number of Front-end web framework to manage client state.
Has the "main web API is the same as the REST API" focus, which is fundamental 2020-nowadays.
Their standard template from
feathers generate appon
which looks promising! They don't have a default template for a Front-end web framework however unfortunately: https://docs.feathersjs.com/guides/frameworks.html#the-feathers-chat lists a few chat app versions, which is their hello world:
But it is in itself a completely boring app with a single splash page, and no database interaction, so not a good showcase. The actual showcase app is feathersjs/feathers-chat.
- Front-end web framework: not built-in on generator, but there are some sample repos pointed from the documentation, and they did work out-of-box:
Global source entrypoint: determine on
package.jsonas usual, defaults to
- Node.js web framework | 0, 2k, 19
- Node.js | 32, 3k, 28
- List of programming languages | 0, 4k, 69
- Programming language | 619, 5k, 74
- Software | 0, 21k, 426
- Computer | 138, 33k, 747
- Information technology | 0, 33k, 759
- Technology | 0, 52k, 1k
- Ciro Santilli's Homepage | 262, 238k, 4k