As shown at Schrodinger equation solution for the helium atom, they do repel each other, and that affects their measurable energy.
However, this energy is still lower than going up to the next orbital. TODO numbers.
This changes however at higher orbitals, notably as approximately described by the aufbau principle.
- Hartree-Fock method | 0, 277, 5
- Solutions for the Schrodinger equation with multiple particles | 20, 680, 14
- Solutions of the Schrodinger equation | 34, 2k, 34
- Schrodinger equation | 555, 4k, 55
- Non-relativistic quantum mechanics | 26, 4k, 59
- Quantum mechanics | 170, 18k, 243
- Particle physics | 137, 28k, 458
- Physics | 276, 40k, 705
- Natural science | 0, 49k, 1k
- Science | 0, 53k, 1k
- Ciro Santilli's Homepage | 262, 182k, 3k