http://www.physics.udel.edu/~jim/PHYS424_17F/Class%20Notes/Class_5.pdf by James MacDonald shows it well.
The operators are a natural guess on the lines of "if p and x were integers".
And then we can prove the ladder properties easily.
The commutator appear in the middle of this analysis.
- Quantum harmonic oscillator | 130, 235, 3
- Solutions of the Schrodinger equation | 34, 2k, 35
- Schrödinger equation | 555, 5k, 60
- Non-relativistic quantum mechanics | 26, 5k, 66
- Quantum mechanics | 169, 21k, 274
- Particle physics | 137, 33k, 527
- Physics | 277, 49k, 872
- Natural science | 80, 68k, 2k
- Science | 0, 73k, 2k
- Ciro Santilli's Homepage | 264, 258k, 5k