Contains the University of Cambridge, that's about it really, from that everything follows.
The city appear to exist there because it was a convenient crossing of the Cam. It also lies near the start of the ancient navigable section TODO towards north or south? Castle hill also offered a convenient fortification location near the river, and is part of the reason for the early Roman settlement. The original bridge was presumably in the current Magnalene bridge, just under the castle hill.
TODO why did the University of Oxford scholars flee to after the The hanging of the clerks in 1209? Why not anywhere else?
- Cambridgeshire | 0, 257, 3
- Counties of the United Kingdom | 33, 381, 11
- United Kingdom | 139, 1k, 22
- Country in Europe | 0, 2k, 35
- Europe | 75, 2k, 40
- Continent | 0, 4k, 104
- Earth | 0, 4k, 121
- Solar System | 0, 4k, 123
- Orion Arm | 0, 4k, 124
- Milky way | 15, 4k, 125
- Local group | 0, 4k, 126
- Virgo Supercluster | 0, 4k, 127
- Astronomy | 0, 4k, 139
- Natural science | 0, 61k, 2k
- Science | 0, 66k, 2k
- Ciro Santilli's Homepage | 262, 218k, 4k