2021-02 Castelli PRO THERMAL SKULLY red https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-pro-thermal-skully https://www.castelli-cycling.com/gb/pro-thermal-skully/p/452054220A to help with cold, the X Lite Run Black Headband is just not made for winter.
2021-01: Madison Cycle Everywear Sportive Toe covers. L/XL. https://www.madison.cc/shop/sportive-thermal-toe-covers/VARCLA121/CLA12104
2021-01: "Endura FS260-NEMO Glove II" Neoprene Winter Handwarmer Large. https://www.endurasport.com/Gants-Nemo-FS260-Pro-II/p/E1216-Black Let's see how neoprene feels like. Basically it becomes wet with your transpiration, but is still relatively warm, would take it well down to 5C. Likely would work well with heavy rain. Not bad. But does feel a bit cooler than the Extremities XDRY, especially after you walk for a bit, and your hand becomes cold, and it is very hard to warm it because it is also wet.
2020-12-21: "dhb Neoprene Nylon Overshoes" https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-neoprene-nylon-overshoes large black. After 2 rides, noticed that the front lower part of left foot (the one I put on and off the most) had a hole in it, not sure where it was made. Edit: I later noticed that it is because I have the reflex of braking slightly with my shoes in certain conditions, e.g. at lower speeds in close proximity to pedestrians, the sounds of which also serve as a way to alert them without the need for a loud bell. But it destroys the overshoe, so I have to undo that reflex.
2020-11-06 https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/castelli-perfetto-ros-long-sleeve-cycling-jersey/ "Castelli Perfetto RoS Long Sleeve - Cycling jersey". On Wiggle: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-perfetto-ros-long-sleeve-jersey Feels great. Together with the dhb Merino Long Sleeve Base Layer, I can gown down to 0 Celcius, no problem. Breathes great, blocks wind reasonably, and can holds mild rail out on a short 1.5h ride without problem.
- last ride top was a bit cold on shoulders where not covered by arm warmers, about 10C, so going to try: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-rain-defence-polartec-jacket-1 "dhb Aeron All Winter Softshell Jacket", 109.25 pounds, Fluro Yellow, small to match previous tops that worked, approx: 50 polyester, 40 polyamide, 10 elastane, recommended temperature: 2-12 degrees Celcius. Material felt OK, not amazing but OK. Returned because a bit too small.
- the "dhb Classic Thermal Bib Tights" is a bit too warm for lower tens, so going to try "dhb Aeron FLT Roubaix Bib Tight", 85.50 pounds, medium, navy color, recommended temperatures: 6-14 deg C, 84% polyamide, 16% elastane. Hopefully not being marked as "thermal" means it is less warm. Also hopefully being DHB Aeron it will be a bit less baggy behind knees. Returned later because felt indistinguishable from the "dhb Classic Thermal Bib Tights".
For sizing see also: ciro Santilli's body.
2020-11: Castelli Thermoflex 2 Arm Warmers, Large, 28 pounds: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-thermoflex-2-arm-warmers | https://www.castelli-cycling.com/gb/men/accessories/cycling-leg-and-arm-warmers/p/451953020A-010 advertized 8°-20°C. Was going to buy the DHB ones for 10 pounds less, but always out of so Castelli it is.
2020-08: started getting getting cold, so let's do it:
- https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-lightweight-mesh-long-sleeve-base-layer "dhb Lightweight Mesh Long Sleeve Base Layer", small, 93% polyester 7% Elastane. Felt a little bit tight on first try, but I think I'll keep it, it might be correct, it's hard to say, and it's not worth my time. If it is too bad I'll just get another one later.Extremely light and transparent. Holds down to lower 10's, but if it's windy a bit less so. Feels good.
- https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-thermal-bib-tights "dhb Classic Thermal Bib Tights", medium, 86% polyamide, 14% elastane, 56 pounds. Very slightly tight, but felt right on first try. Some similar URLs https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-thermal-bib-tights-1 | https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-thermal-bib-tightPretty warm, for lower 10's and under only. Mid 10's is too much. Slighly bulky behind the knees when you bend. But good quality otherwise.
- https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-extreme-weather-neoprene-overshoe "dhb Extreme Weather Neoprene Overshoe", large, 81% polyamide, 18% polyurethane. Wanted to buy https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-neoprene-nylon-overshoes which is lighter, but was out of stock. The material felt good, but it did not fit with 2020-04 Giro Rumble VR Off Road Shoe, I should have checked better, maybe it is only for road shoes.Incompatible with 2020-04 Giro Rumble VR Off Road Shoe, so returned it. That shoe is too large.
2020-05 https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-short-sleeve-jersey-4/ dhb Aeron Short Sleeve Jersey 100% polyester, Red Large. This one fit OK. Length feels right. When on cycling position, a bit baggy under arms though, but guessing M would be too short? Still already feels less baggy than the cheap muddy fox jersey. Aeron is the second lowest level of DHB top, after the super basic 25 pound one. Material is thin polyester, could be better, but OK.
2020-05 https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-perfetto-light-2-short-sleeve-jersey/ Castelli Perfetto Light 2 Short Sleeve Jersey 84% Nylon, 16% Lycra. When it arrived, was WAY too small, so returned. Material looked and felt amazing.
2019-12 https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-merino-long-sleeve-base-layer-1/?sku=5360752872 "dhb Merino Long Sleeve Base Layer", black, small, was right size, wool is a bit itchy, but does feel like it dries off more quickly on long rides than the cheap Muddy Fox polyester cycling Jersey. Pretty warm, too much for 15C.
2019-12 https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-winter-weight-merino-sock/?sku=100335580 dhb Aeron Winter Weight Merino Sock, blue, UK 9.5-12. Did not seem to make much of a difference, feet still cold, not wet.
2019-11 Nike academy hyperwarm gloves: https://www.nike.com/gb/t/hyperwarm-academy-football-gloves-s9Dd8D/GS0373-013 (archive) for 17.99 Pounds from physical retailer. Good intermediate between the Extremities gloves when it gets a bit warmer. 60% polyester/27% nylon/5% rubber/4% elastane.
2019-10 XGC Men's Cycling Shorts/Bike Shorts And Cycling Underwear With High-Density High-Elasticity And Highly Breathable 4D Sponge Padded https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BDJP64W (archive). Grey color, red inner butt padding. 2020-08: after using it a lot, noticed that the padding stiches started to come off a bit.
2018 (?) Extremities XDRY gloves Looks like: https://www.sportsdirect.com/extremities-wp-p/line-glove-91-907293 (archive) Gets wet after a few minutes of medium rain. But does dry quickly. Baggy, multilayer. Says 40 pounds, but always at 20 pound discount, so it is just a marketing trick. On website: Outershell 96% Polyester/4% Lycra (Spandex)Palm 45% Polyester/55% PolyurethaneLining 100% Polyester
2017-09 Trespass Cruzado Male Gloves size S. https://www.trespass.com/cruzado-unisex-gloves (archive) Markings: crossover gloves. Technical Performance TP75: https://www.trespass.com/advice/trespass-tp-ratings-guide/ Lost right hand around 2018/2019.
2017 Muddy fox cycling Jersey, orange, polyester, Large, cheap. Works well enough I guess. Could be a bit more tight fitting.
2017 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nevica-Unisex-Reversible-Skuff/dp/B07GSD4R7Y Nevica Skuff black
2017 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254646634761 Karrimor X Lite Run Black Headband
2015 UNIQLO tights 53% cotton, 32% polyester, 15% elastane. 2020-08: after riding it a lot, it ripped a bit near upper inner tights.
2015 Odlo top and tights, polyester. Not sure exact model, not necessarily meant for cycling. Top does not fit tightly, did not feel like it was removing sweat effectively.